Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting ready for baby time

Now that we've crossed over into the 3rd trimester, Jacob and I have been thinking less about pregnancy and more about life with our baby!  It's crazy to think how close we really are now to being PARENTS.  We're both very very excited though and we feel about as ready as we can be to jump right in.  We've been praying for our baby girl all the time and also reading books, watching documentaries, etc. to prep ourselves for this new role.
The other night we got to celebrate another new beginning-the wedding of my good lifelong friend Tiffany Cox (now Tiffany Enloe).  Ever since I got married, my favorite part of weddings are the now the vows, as I never fully realized their power until our wedding day.  We love that (less than) 2 years later, we both feel more and more every day like we made the best decision ever on our wedding day, and we're so excited to expand on the love we have for each other by bringing our daughter into the family!
Me with the beautiful bride
A quick pic at the end of the night to capture the mama & daddy w/ our growing baby
The official 28 week picture
Who wouldn't want us as parents? :)

Also, update on pregnancy status for my memory's sake:
  • Still taking Zofran once daily...I tried to wean myself off the other day and it was a terrible experience. I got flashbacks to the terrifying days of early pregnancy.
  • Feeling really good right now.  A little tightness in my growing belly, and Avery continues to kick & wiggle pretty much all day every day, but I'm feeling great.  My back tends to ache a little in the morning, but nothing too uncomfortable.
  • Still don't have my full appetite back.  Large pieces of meat or rich, hearty food is beyond unappealing.  Eating lots of 'kid-style' food and tons of snacks.
  • Had my 28 week appointment yesterday.  Heartbeat is at 135-140 (which is great) and I'm measuring right on track.  Haven't gained much weight but doc isn't worried about it since Avery's growing.  I also took my testing for gestational diabetes and "passed with flying colors" so no worries there.  They even said my iron levels are great which is unusual for a pregnant mama at this stage.  Also got clearance from the doc to fly to Hawaii next week with my good friend Brittany! 

7 comments:

  1. I want to go to Hawaii with you two! Is it just you two going? So fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just us two :)
    Britt hooked me up with an almost-free trip as my last hurrah before Avery comes (she's going there for business).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? I can't believe the two of you are going! SNF!

    Also - so weird to look at the "3rd Trimester" pic of you and Jacob and view the "three" of you as a family! I love it! She is in the pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does SNF mean "so not fair"? Haha
    I know, it's so fun that she's totally part of our family even before we meet her face to face. When we hang out as a 'family' now, she's always involved as she kicks and wiggles and gets our attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, SNF = so not fair
    Also SNF is that Peter and I are visiting Laura and Robert in a couple weeks!
    Loo - This is snf to B and J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT is SNF too!
    Why don't we all coordinate better and end up in the same place on our trips?? Miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea! Laura and I just need to coordinate on our trips home!

    ReplyDelete