Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baby Room Preview

Here's a few shots of our baby room in progress.  I just finished the biggest project-stenciling the entire wall behind the crib!  Still much more to do but I also have a number of items that I registered for to use in the baby room that I will have to patiently wait for to see what we receive from that.
Pre-stenciling (the sun was shining through the pink drapes so it looks extra rosy in there)

Mid-stenciling (about the point when I really wanted to quit)

Post-stenciling (I hadn't realized I had chosen an incredibly hard stencil for a first timer...the patterns definitely didn't come out perfectly uniform but it gives the wall plenty of character)

7 comments:

  1. Julie, you took on a huge project but it is so cute and worth it!! What color are the walls? One picture they look purple the other they look a tannish-gray?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, the walls are a light gray (ended up almost having a periwinkle tint to them too). The pink curtains on the window facing the crib wall make the whole room look pink/purple-ish when the light comes through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! I love the stencil--it's beautiful. Lovely room in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! How does the stenciling work? I know of decals, but with stencils is it something you paint over then remove or use a stencil to paint within?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! wish i could damask something :)

    ReplyDelete