Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anywhere from 1-37 days...

We have officially hit the mark for baby to be full term and arriving anywhere from 1 to 37 days from now (we will induce if she goes 2 weeks late).  I officially feel like a ticking time bomb!
We completed our birthing class, have our birthing plan, Avery's room is nearly ready, and our to-do list is getting shorter every day.  I'm also wrapping up work projects as I can and have my Executive Assistant working regularly with me, ready to take over when needed.  We really are almost there!
I also had a doctor appointment yesterday (now doing weekly visits) and got a great report.  Avery was still measuring small in fundal height, so they were considering doing another ultrasound soon if that didn't improve.  However, she flipped (horizontally, not vertically, don't worry!) last week which shifted her baby body and is now measuring pretty much on track.  My blood pressure is even better than it was (which had been good), her heart beat has been at a steady 145 for a few months now (also good), and my cervix has begun softening.  All things are on track for her arrival soon!  Her head is still slightly to the side in my right hip area, but that could and should remedy itself, even if it doesn't do so until labor begins. 
I have one more wonderful shower this weekend with my family, and have been beyond blessed by 3 showers so far.  I actually feel somewhat prepared to bring Avery home, thanks to the showers and generosity of amazing family & friends!  Click here to see photos from the showers on Facebook.
I really can't wait to meet Avery, and I have a ton of curiosity about how the delivery process will go (will it be smooth or will there be complications?  will it go quickly or last for over a day?  will I be a baby about it or take it like a champ?) but feel ready to take it on.  I can't yet believe that we're really about to be parents, and wonder/worry that we'll have what it takes to balance it all, but pray and believe we can do it well!

2 comments:

  1. God has ordained that you will be parents, and He will make sure you are ready as long as you are trusting Him. SO excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo exciting!!!!!! Cant wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete