Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 13, 2011

Almost There!

Today is officially 2 weeks from our due date, and the anticipation is definitely building!
I had my weekly doctor appointment yesterday, and was hoping to hear that there was some sort of progress being made towards labor. I got what I wanted!
My doctor said I am dilated to a 'very loose 1' (basically at a 2), and that the baby had most definitely dropped. I felt kind of silly because she asked if I'd noticed when she dropped, and I really hadn't. My cousin Chloe had commented earlier in the day that it looked like my belly was lower, but I hadn't clued in.
My doctor also said that she would be 'very surprised' if I made it to my due date. She was really impressed by all the progress and work my body had done in the last week.
The only thing that was less than completely positive was my blood pressure was higher than ever (although still at a totally great level)-HOWEVER, I had dealt with TERRIBLE traffic the whole way to my appointment so I'm certain that's why. I basically just got some entertainment out of seeing how stress really makes an impact on your blood pressure.
So now we really are waiting to any minute/hour/day for Avery to arrive. Granted, it's still completely possible for her to be on time or late since there are no guarantees. Still, Jacob and I were pretty jazzed after hearing that report from the doctor.
Even at full term, Avery is still moving,kicking and wiggling a TON. She loves to stretch her legs straight out, pushing her feet way out on my left side.

Here's a picture from last weekend, at 38 weeks

3 comments:

  1. This is great news! Avery is totally cooperating with my travel plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting!! Great progress--what a blessing your body is kicking in, yeah! .....but I was told the same thing, with both boys!! so dont lose hope if you see your duedate come and go :) However people go early all the time and you just might be a lucky one! Cant wait to hear Julie!

    ReplyDelete