Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 20, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

After my doctor appointment last week, when my doctor said we were getting close, and all I heard was "baby will arrive any second now", I spent several days consumed by the thoughts that I would be in labor at any moment.  I did almost all the things you read about to induce labor naturally...and then nothing happened.  So I switched gears a couple days ago and let the hype die down.  I'm learning about this very unique process of waiting on my baby's arrival.  I'm needing to be prepared every second but also keep busy and relax.  I feel like every day I'm preparing to be gone on a long vacation, and then every morning I realize that the 'vacation' won't come quite yet.

I did have a really good doctor appointment today.  My doctor is out of town, so I saw one of the other doctors in the office.  Avery's heartbeat is still strong (in the 150s), and she seems very healthy.  I also made progress in the labor prep department.  I'm now at a 'very loose 2' (not quite a 3), over 80% effaced, and baby is in station 0 (I had to ask what that was, but basically means her head is super low and all set and ready to go).  This doctor agreed that she expects me to go 7-10 days more at the max (while still that doesn't guarantee anything), and even predicted that labor will go fast once it starts.  I had a couple events in Tacoma this weekend and she recommended I skip them and stay close to home.  Now we're again at the point confirming that Avery could arrive any time, but may not necessarily arrive for a week or more...continue with the waiting game.

I still have not had a single Braxton-Hicks or true labor contraction, so I'm hoping it will be very clear and foreign when they finally start.
A very quick, poor quality, shadowy picture from Jacob's iPhone-just had to capture the big belly and the SUNSHINE while they both lasted, since they could both be gone anytime :)

2 comments:

  1. Come on Avery lets get this party started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! All systems are a-go! Sounds good Julie! So so excited for you! (and yay for almost 3 cm down! whoohoo! :) )

    ReplyDelete