Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 3, 2010

Zofran, I love you.

In case you read my post when I started 2nd trimester and stated that all is well-disregard it.  I was gifted about 4 or 5 days of relief at the end of my 2nd trimester without too much sickness and then it kicked right back up again.  After several more weeks of this misery, I couldn't take it anymore, and called my doctor to beg for mercy.  Since I was nearly to 16 weeks and still getting sick all the time, the doctor indeed had mercy on my poor, sick soul  They prescribed Zofran for me, which is an anti-nausea medicine that is typically used for chemo and radiation patients. 
This pill changed my life-I went from spending half my day running to the toilet to no longer feeling nauseous one bit!  Although as I write this it is only Day 2 of Zofran Euphoria, I'm holding fast to hope that it will prove a long term solution.  I can't describe the immensity of relief I feel from getting some rest from the sickness that seemed to be ever-increasing.  Also, Zofran is considered completely safe for pregnancy, which helps me enjoy this all the more.  Now, I may actually get the chance to eat full meals and start gaining a cute little baby bump!

2 comments:

  1. Julz it was great to talk to you yesterday! I am so glad to know you are feeling better. I can't wait to see that bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took that too. had to get rehydrated and through up for months!! both times. not fun. glad you have some relief!

    ReplyDelete