Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 17, 2010

Was that a kick?!

Yesterday was a big milestone for this first-time mama. While I was sitting waiting for our car to get serviced, I felt some bubbling in my tummy. However, I soon started to feel like this bubbling had a unique difference than the same old indigestion I've experienced. I almost can't describe how I was different, it just seemed to be in a different spot and be more random than usual, while still holding a pattern all it's own. I almost sheepishly texted Jacob to tell him I thought I felt the baby.

Having no idea what it feels like to have a baby move inside me, I felt almost silly claiming it. However, later that night, I was convinced. Jacob suggested we use our at-home Doppler (which I LOVE having) so we listened to the heart beat for a while. Then I noticed loud movement sounds that seemed to be coming through as well, and THEN I matched a few of those sounds up to the feelings of bubbly movement I had been feeling. One time I could even SEE the baby move at the same time too.

What a fun experience! I can't wait to feel more movement and kicks and for Jacob to feel them too!

2 comments: