Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 25, 2010

Breaking the news!

Once we got back from Italy, we had to find the perfect way to share our baby joy with the people we love most.  Getting to tell them our most exciting news was very fun.  We worked hard to tell as many people in person as possible and loved to have them share in our excitement!  A few highlights...

We staged a family dinner at my parents with the excuse for the get together being that we wanted to see our baby niece Sienna and little nephew Brayden (which is quite true, since I'm in love with those two and we hadn't seen baby Sienna since right after she was born).  Right before dinner, we mentioned that we had gifts for Brayden & Sienna.  As we handed out the gifts one by one, my sister Jill started exclaiming "What does that mean??!  What does that mean!!!!???", with no one responding as Jacob first gave Brayden a shirt reading "Cousin #1" and Sienna a onesie that said "Cousin #2".  When Jill could barely stand it anymore, I stood up and revealed my own t-shirt that read "Cousin #3" on my stomach.  Mom & Dad, Jill & Brett, and Papa & Grandma erupted into cheers at this point.  It was a very fun 'reveal' moment!
Showing off our matching shirts: Cousin #1, Cousin #2, and Cousin #3 in my belly!

So excited to give my niece and nephew a 1st cousin!

Sienna got tired from TOO MANY pictures :)

A couple days later, we had our Washburn family over for dinner, telling them we wanted to share our pictures from Italy (also true).  We did, indeed, show all the highlights from the many photos of our trip, but also then had another surprise right before dinner.  My mother-in-law, Jan, has asked us to pick up a Starbucks souvenir mug in Italy to add to her collection (the ones with the city names on them).  However, we couldn't find a Starbucks anywhere in the entire country, so we had gotten her a souvenir mug from the Cinque Terre.  She was thrilled when we handed this to her, not realizing a bigger thrill was waiting inside the mug.  We had put a baby figurine and our first ultrasound pictures in the mug.  Everyone saw it as she opened it and was so excited.  Jonnie, my brother-in-law, filmed the whole thing secretly because we had let him in on the secret a couple days prior.




Another favorite 'reveal' was when we told our good friends the Stockmans and the Lofstroms.  Lindsay Lofstrom and I made a pact a while back that as soon as I get pregnant, she would too.  Because of this, she had been asking me nearly every time we're together if I was pregnant.  When we saw everyone at Scott Stockman's (championship-winning!) baseball game after getting back from Italy, I was certain Lindsay would ask right away...and for once, she didn't.  Finally I said "Lindsay, aren't you going to ask?" and she replied "oh, yeah, are you pregnant?" and I casually responded "yes".  My casual response combined with Lindsay's fear that she was then 'up to bat' for baby making caused her and Alicia Stockman to be convinced that I was lying for a good 20 minutes (despite Jacob backing me up, me telling her details about my doctor visit, due date, etc.).  Finally, she believed me, then spent the next 10 minutes or so feeling guilty for calling my poor pregnant self a liar.  It was great entertainment nonetheless to have them be certain we were tricking them-who knew we had such a reputation for being tricksters??
Here's the group (with the champion baseball player) on the night we told them all:

No comments:

Post a Comment