Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 10, 2011

Before & After

What a wild, overwhelming, and amazing last couple weeks it's been.  We're getting used to Avery's presence in our life being normal and continuing to love being parents!
I'm now documenting most of the moments and milestones in Avery's life in a Shutterfly baby book, and I haven't decided if I'll really keep up the blog (I mostly wanted to capture the moments of my pregnancy with her on this).  But, I thought it'd be fun to post a before/after photo duo to highlight how amazing it is that things change so quickly once she arrives.  Although I spent 9 months preparing for her arrival, I was nowhere near prepared for the incredible enormity and amazing experience of becoming a mama.
Here I am at Green Lake 2 days before her arrival, in my last pregnant photo, clueless as to how much my life was about to change:
And here I am at Green Lake 2 short weeks later, with my whole world being changed and more in love with this little bundle than I imagined:
I'm savoring every moment I can with my relaxed time at home with her since I will be back at work in just a little over 2 weeks from now (albeit, working from home almost entirely for July and into August).  Jacob has been a fantastic daddy and so great with her, not that I'm surprised, and we've fallen even more in love with each other through the experience of having our daughter. 
There's a lot of debate about who Avery looks like, but the overall consensus is she's got a lot of her daddy in her look.  She's been very alert and interactive since the day she arrived, and it remains to be seen what her coloring will end up being.  She has blonde eyebrows, light lashes, medium brown hair, and still a slate gray-blueish eye color.  Already we have moments where we feel like she's grown up so much, but we can't wait to see how she will continue to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment