Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Loving the miracle growing inside me

For the most part, I've had over a month now of a much smoother pregnancy. Sickness is way down (although not entirely nonexistent) and as long as I get 9+ hours of sleep, energy level is pretty good.
However, the best part of pregnancy lately has been feeling my little baby miracle inside my tummy.  A questionable movement or 2 has transformed into all sorts of movements throughout the day.  I get the most kicks and moves from my baby when I'm relaxed and laying down.  I absolutely adoring feeling my baby move around in there (although, I do admit, this experience is such a wild one for a first time mama and just mind boggling every time I realize there is a human living inside me!).  The experience of a mama feeling her baby throughout her day is unique beyond all description and beautiful.  I feel like I'm getting to know my baby every day.

We got a wonderful gift on Christmas morning when Jacob got to feel the baby for the first time.  He's felt and seen the movements many times since then.  It's so fun for us both to feel more and more connected to the baby.  Also, "Mammy" (my mom) got to feel the baby move while we were away on a family getaway to Leavenworth after Christmas!

The big countdown is winding to a close-less than 2 days until we know if our little baby is a boy or a girl!

Highlights from our Christmas celebrations - our baby is in for busy holidays with lots of wonderful family who love them already!
Grandma Jan (official Grandma name is TBD) couldn't resist this baby sweater so she just got one of each for baby Washburn for Christmas.

Uncle Jonnie will soon get all sorts of experience with babies!

Snuggled up ready for Christmas Eve.  Next year we'll have our little baby to snuggle up with too.

Jacob's favorite Christmas gift: a new iPad! In a couple years it'll probably be a toy for the baby to play with :)

The whole BOW clan out in Leavenworth

Beautiful snowy night in Leavenworth

1 comment:

  1. 1. Mammy is such a funny name, it makes me think of Scarlet's nanny in Gone with the wind
    2. I am thinking its a girl
    3. I love you

    ReplyDelete